Advantage Solutions Sr. UX Designer in Austin, Texas
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our design team that is embedded at our client’s site in Austin, TX and is focused on the customer support tool design needs of the client.
The role will be approximately 70% UX and 30% visual design focused
Requires a strong thinker who is comfortable working on complex flows, creating wireframes and UX documentation
Will need to have basic visual design skills and the ability to create design specifications (red lines)
Strong experience with designing for web (desktop and mobile)
4-8 years of experience
Expertise developing flows, IAs and wireframes
Ability to work on consumer facing sites and apps as well as back-end tools used to manage the site
eCommerce experience is a major plus, but should at least have complex transactional and/or workflow based work
Experience working with Sketch
Able to present and defend their designs
Great attention to detail
Experience localizing designs
Ability to present and explain work
Ability to work collaboratively with other designers, product managers and engineers
Must be able to work 3 days a week onsite in Austin, TX.
The salary range for this role is $120,000-$160,000.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for producing interactive design prototypes, User Flows, Information Architectures, User Personas, and Wireframes in order to create best-in-class digital experiences that balance user goals and client objectives. This position requires highly analytical and creative skills, and a thorough understanding of contemporary human-centered design methodologies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for creating and presenting interactive prototypes, wireframes, UX audits and user flows.
• Delivers appropriate level of design specification to ensure high quality development on time. Role is responsible for project management execution and timelines. Strong communication and presentation skills are needed.
• Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to discern actionable steps to improve the user experience. Present findings and recommendation to internal team and client.
• Champion best practices among peers. Coach others on UX principals, design standards and user interface patterns.
• Participate and help lead internal and client working sessions to foster a unified project vision and creating an information architecture.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 10%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Graphic Design, Computer Science, or Psychology
5+ years of experience in developing innovative online solutions for our clients.
Must have project experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects
Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Prior experience in a software or game design environment or interactive agency preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques;
• Intermediate to expert level in: PowerPoint, Sketch; Invision
• Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills;
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-TX-Austin
Primary Posting Location : City Austin
Primary Posting Location : State/Province TX
Primary Posting Location : Postal Code 73301
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2023-428663
Position Type Full Time
Category Creative & Product Services
Minimum USD $120,000.00/Yr.
Maximum USD $160,000.00/Yr.