Advantage Solutions VP Operations - CDS in New York, New York
VP Operations - CDS
Are you an Operations Leader seeking your next career challenge? Advantage Solutions is looking for a VP of Operations for its Club Demonstration Services (CDS), North America business. This tenured, Field Operations leader will strategically organize and engage people and resources through operational innovation that drives growth of the CDS business in North America. This is a key role on the CDS Global Leadership Team and will work cross functionally and multi-nationally to achieve staffing goals, drive executional excellence and achieve strategic and financial objectives for CDS.
You will use your credibility, logistical expertise and leadership skills to deliver operational excellence to our CDS stakeholders. Your day will vary from resolving issues regarding events delivery, to deploying governance and programs based on best practices to growing demand and sales of our offerings.
What we offer you:
Attractive performance-based bonus plan
Generous vacation policy
Your focus will be:
Using your analytical skills to transform data into action and results
Leading a large team, demonstrating a collaborative and positive work culture
Providing enterprise level solutions and deploying them across the entire organization
Establishing and maintaining critical business relationships while advocating for your employees
Across all activities, delivering Operational Excellence and contributing positive impact as a senior leader of CDS
You have :
10+ years of general/leadership experience in an operations environment, including full P&L responsibility (budgeting, forecasting, etc.)
Previous experience managing 10+ direct reports
Experience working with major big box or retail chains and/or experience in the consumer package goods industry.
Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
Expert level insight skills – ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measurable business results
Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with cost-saving activities
Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a highly complex environment
Team player with good people skills
Club Demonstration Services (CDS) is the preferred in-house event marketing provider to Costco. We offer the best person-to-person marketing services in the industry, driving sales for our customers and Costco.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Vice President, Operations is responsible for setting overall operational strategy, overseeing the Business Unit P&L, and driving accountability to achieve successful results. As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President, Operations leads team management, performance management, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting initiatives, in addition to problem solving and process development. Focus on defining measurable results for the organization that enable and support outstanding program execution for our clients. Results will be attained through ensuring alignment between the operational capabilities of the organization with the business performance goals.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Strategic Leadership: Create and define the long-term strategy for the Integrated Marketing Operations Team, including but not limited to, sourcing and procurement strategy, planning strategy, integrated data management strategy, and field support strategy; Secure and align resources to enable the long-term strategy for the Integrated Marketing Operations Team; Measure and evaluate operational activity against the go-to-market strategy and intended results.
• Tactical Leadership: Harness the operational capabilities of the organization to drive programs and processes while driving budgetary discipline; Maintain and protect client relationships through the collection of strategic data, meeting internal service level agreements, supporting client program reviews, and managing client/contract expectations; Coordinate and successfully launch trade exhibits, shows, and regular company field programs to meet and exceed customer or client expectations.
• Operational Leadership: Build processes and infrastructure to enable scalable, measurable and profitable growth; Set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders on the Executive Leadership Team on performance against execution goals; Oversee management of staff through prioritization, workload balancing/utilization, employee recognition/rewards and staff development to keep unplanned turnover at a minimum and staff morale high.
• Optimization: Make adjustments and optimize service quality to maximize our one-to-one consumer interactions; Work closely with other business leaders (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Field Execution, etc) to maximize processes; Identify and attend approved trade exhibits, shows and regular company field programs to develop and maintain knowledge base; Identify gaps and best practices in operational support to improve overall performance.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Click here to enter text.
• 10+ years of general/leadership experience in an operations environment, including full P&L responsibility (budgeting, forecasting, etc.)
• Previous experience managing 10+ direct reports
• Experience working with major retail chains such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and/or experience in consumer package goods industry.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
• Expert level insight skills – ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
• Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measureable business results
• Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with cost-saving activities
• Excellent strategic thinking and process development skills
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a highly complex environment
• Team player with good people skills
• Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas | US-TX-Houston | US-NY-New York | US-IL-Chicago | US-CO-Denver | US-GA-Atlanta | US-WA-Seattle | US-FL-Orlando | US-UT-Salt Lake City | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-NJ-Newark...
Primary Posting Location : Address 2001 Greenville Ave
Primary Posting Location : City Dallas
Primary Posting Location : State/Province TX
Postal Code 77002
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-391975
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)