Advantage Solutions Account Executive - Food Service in Parker, Colorado
Account Executive - Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
The Waypoint Account Executive is responsible for establishing new food service business, developing current business relationships and ensuring client and customer satisfaction to produce new revenue for the organization.
What We Offer:
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through sales calls
Develop sales plan to achieve assigned objective and initiatives
Prepare and conduct food shows and sales events with operators and distributors
Maintain and develop client sales at assigned distribution
Serve as the primary point of contact for represented clients
Evaluate sales opportunities and follow up on closed deals to ensure satisfaction
Present new items and seek conversion opportunities with existing clients to add incremental business
Participate in sales training for distributors and manufacturers
Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
1-3 years experience in food service account management preferred.
Strong client/customer relationship acumen
Knowledge of foodservice industry
Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Creative problem solving and project management skills
Travel as appropriate
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Account Executive is responsible for establishing new business, developing current business relationships and ensuring client and customer satisfaction to produce new revenue for the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through sales calls
• Develop sales plan to achieve assigned objective and initiatives
• Prepare and conduct food shows and sales events with operators and distributors
• Maintain and develop client sales at assigned distribution
• Serve as the primary point of contact for represented clients
• Evaluate sales opportunities and follow up on closed deals to ensure satisfaction
• Present new items and seek conversion opportunities with existing clients to add incremental business
• Participate in sales training for distributors and manufacturers
• Provide input on marketing programs
• Manage assigned projects as needed
• DSR management
• Prepare and submit required activity and sales reports
• Respond to client, distributor, field and customer requests as needed
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 40%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
1-3 Years of experience in related sales roles
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of foodservice industry
• Financial acumen
• Company policies and procedures
• Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
• Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Creative problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
• Superior negotiation skills
• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
• Travel as appropriate
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-CO-Aurora | US-CO-Parker | US-CO-Denver | US-CO-Colorado Springs
Primary Posting Location : City Aurora
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CO
Postal Code 80134
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-376296
Position Type Full Time
Category Sales (Professional)
Starting Wage USD $75,000.00/Yr.